• Coffee maker. Coffee perking is hardly noise, and no way would I do without my morning coffee. NO
• Washer and dryer. Not too noisy. I need the washer, but what about hanging the clean clothes up to dry? I used to do that. In fact when my son was an infant we didn’t have a dryer or disposable diapers. NO, MAYBE & SOMETIMES
• Vacuum cleaner. Very necessary, but perhaps I could sweep the kitchen on a more regular basis. Still, for all practical purposes, NO
• Blender and food processer. Sometimes these machines offer a better culinary effect (smoothies for the grandchildren), but most often I use them for ease and to save time. However, why not grate cheese manually, or mix brownie ingredients with a big wooden spoon like in the ‘olden days’? MAYBE & SOMETIMES
• Electric toothbrush. My dentist says an electric one cleans the teeth and massages the gums better, but that’s still debatable in the dental world. I like to brush manually, which may have to do with my age, so, MAYBE (with possible YES)
Of course, any time I move from NO, to SOMETIMES & YES, I'going green, and saving money.