Here is my list for this week. I know, it probably appears rather unsystematic, sporadic and random, but in my defense, I’m a rather hyper kind of person; concentrating on one topic for very long, or sitting for hours on end with a book, just isn’t my style, so I need a variety of books. And besides, if I can’t choose whatever I damn well want to read, where is my personal authority (PA) anyway? So be it.
• Being Alive and Having to Die: The spiritual odyssey of Forrest Church, by Dan Cryer
• The Shattered Lantern: Rediscovering A Felt Presence of God, by Ronald Rolheiser
• The Country of Pointed Firs, by Sarah Orne Jewett
In the middle of:
• Dante in Love, A.N.Wilson
• The Path of Least Resistance: Principles for Creating What You Want to Create, by Robert Fritz
• The Art of Keeping Secrets, by Patti Callahan Henry
Ready to start:
• The Pursuit of Italy: A History of a Land, Its Regions and their Peoples, by David Gilmour
• Gratefulness, the Heart of Prayer: An Approach to Life in Fullness, by David Steindl-Rast
• Truth & Beauty, Ann Patchett
As you may notice, I’m into Italian history, religion and for balance, a soap opera kind of novel.
This list is for today. I wonder what I’ll find at the library this weekend? Can you imagine what it’s like living across the street from the library? I can, because I do.