Throw (not literally but I guess you could) into a crock pot:
• 3 pounds chicken breast, cut in bit size pieces
• 1 large onion, sliced
• 6 carrots, diced
• 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
• 3 celery hearts, diced
• 1 quart chicken broth
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 Tablespoon tarragon (the blog says 2 teaspoons, but when I tasted it, I decided it needed more)
I cook this for eight hours under low heat, but you can be flexible about the time and temperature.
Before serving, add cooked noodles. I use wide one, but any size or kind will do.
Keep it simple
• It takes me about twenty minutes to cut and slice and get the soup simmering.
• Add other ingredients such as green beans, parsnips, parsley, your favorite_______.
• To stretch it out, add more broth and noodles. Of course this depends on the size of your crock pot.
• Easy to freeze.
This recipe gives you
• a comforting meal for a large group of people
• plenty of meals for yourself and your family
• meals to share with others.